Organiser: The Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation
Objectives: In line with our mission “For Our Youth, For Our Future”, The Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation brings together young leaders from all walks of life. The aim of this programme is to cultivate a new generation of young opinion leaders (KOL) and promote the future development of local youths.
Eligibility: Hong Kong residents aged 16-40
Deadline for application: 4 December, 2020 (Friday)
Believe in yourself!
The term “KOL” is very common nowadays, but what is a real KOL? Social media influencer? Pretty girls on Instagram? YouTuber?
A real KOL is a key opinion leader, who possesses professional knowledge and unique personal insights in a certain field, who inspires on important issues at critical times. KOLs strive to stay ahead of various trends, and act as a guiding light to their followers.
Redefine the concept of KOL starting today!
The first stage - To enter the Top 50 and training camp:
Specifications of the application video clip: Forms and expressions are not limited, the length of the video clip should not exceed 2 minutes. A title must be included for the file.
1. Content: relevancy and creativity (40%)
2. Expression: interpretation and appeal (40%)
3. Shooting: shooting, editing and sound effects (20%)
Top 50 contestants will have the opportunity to participate in a course hosted by star KOLs, and learn a collection of tips for becoming KOLs, including strategies on increasing exposure, market analysis and re-planning of personal development.
The second stage - To enter the Top 20 and training camp:
After interactions with the judges, the top 20s will be selected based on their performances in various aspects.
Top 20 contestants will have the opportunity to participate in the training course hosted by star KOLs to learn about KOL mentality management, personal brand building strategies, shooting and speaking skills, as well as knowledge about social media applications.
The third stage - Big Show Day of the Top 10:
Here comes the final top 10 candidates. The final competition will be held in early February 2021, further details will be announced later.
1. Participants can only join as an individual. Each participant can only apply once.
2. All entries submitted must be original works owned by the participant.
3. If a participant’s work is found to have violated the regulations of the competition, copyright or Hong Kong’s law, or contain any innuendo or slander, violence, pornography, foul language, indecent, obscene, and any offensive language, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify the participant and retrieve the prizes awarded.
4. The copyright of the entries submitted belongs to the organizer. The organizer has the right to copy, publish, display, broadcast, promote, use, upload the entries or use for communication and contact purposes.
5. Entries will not be returned.
6. The organizer reserves the right to make the final decision on the rules and scoring criteria of the competition, as well as the right to revise the terms and conditions of the competition without prior announcement.
*The Top 50 will be announced on 7 December, 2020 (Monday), and the finalists will be notified by email and phone.